Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineer III – Senior Engineer.
The Engineer III – Senior Engineer in Powertrain is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor or Manager.
· Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects
· Design experience with a variety of materials (ie plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use
· Experience in new product design and development related to engines
· Ability to conduct analysis using FEA (Ansys or Creo Simulate), CFD, etc.
· Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills
· Ability to translate technical information to all audiences
· Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes
· Experience with engine design and development
· Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP
Lead and conduct design reviews and DFMEAs
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.