Generac Mobile Products – Generac Mobile Products is seeking a Technical Field Service Manager on the East Coast.
The Technical Field Service Manager – Mobile equipment will ensure customer satisfaction on all levels of business by providing on-site and phone troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications, installation and sales support of various mobile power generation equipment and mobile heaters. This position is responsible for providing mission critical equipment support and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support, setup and assistance to customers
• Assist in site certification, operation and EPA testing.
• Provide spark ignited technical training to related customers.
• Assist with the development and distribution of service and parts bulletins to notify customers of product changes or issues.
• Assist sales managers and rep groups with new customer product training.
• Develop new and maintain existing relationships with customers’ branch, district, and regional sales and service managers
• Coordinate customer calls with regional sales managers to ensure needs of all customers in the territories are met.
• Provide technical support and additional company presence at national and regional industry trade shows.
• Provide sales support through assisting customers in determining correct equipment for their needs.
• Provide technical input and design ideas to engineering during new product initiation and existing product improvements.
• Provide feedback from the field to sales and marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and technical support regarding competitor product.
• Assist Training and Education and Technical Publications with manual content and reviews for accuracy.
• Provide written weekly reports to manager covering accounts visited, service schools provided, product issues/ concerns, possible sales opportunities, and competitor information.
• Evaluate Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) to determine the need for new service parts.
• Experience and sound knowledge of power generation products. Spark Ignited knowledge a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Engine maintenance and troubleshooting of natural gas fuel systems
• Experienced in Electronics, Electromechanical Technology
• Working knowledge of mechanical design, AC and DC circuitry, power generation, wiring schematics, and connection diagrams.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, the ability to make independent decisions, and work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Up to 80% travel required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Frequent travel and valid Driver’s License required.