Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking a Engineering CAD System Administrator.
The CAD Systems Administrator position is responsible for supporting the engineering community through assessment and development of CAD process standards across the full range of Engineering exclusive systems. The role will assess and create clear topic-based content that engineering users need to know, when they need to know it, in a way that provides immediate access, enhances processes and improves user efficiency.
The role will perform continuous analysis and assessment of current Engineering CAD systems that provide support to the engineering design and analysis groups. The position develops and initiates recommendations for current and future system needs, future software applications upgrades and for advising leadership of computer training needs. This position is responsible for providing training with respect to various current engineering systems and must make cost projections of sophisticated equipment features and benefits for computer hardware and software changes. The role is also responsible for driving user CAD standards and compliance with processes.
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor and/or Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop practices and processes aligned to enhancing the performance and efficiencies of the Engineering CAD tools
• Analyze engineering system information requirements and product specifications to understand technical content strategy and plan to create and deliver written and/or visual product-related information including various types of guides (automated templates and best practices), and online information (interactive demos, help systems) integrated into product, for a variety of audiences (general engineering users, systems administrators, and engineering training developers).
• Responsible for implementing and supporting the internal tools and systems environment that supports a forward-thinking product development group using PDM/PLM and other software tools for CAD data and engineering documentation management.
• Supports CAD system user issues for all Generac Design teams including occasional off-hours support of our international teams.
• Work closely with engineering teams to implement customized CAD workflows to support engineering data management solutions and process improvements.
• Prepares requirements and provide technical expertise in evaluating, integrating and deploying CAD system solutions.
• Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of CAD and PDM/PLM systems interaction and administration support.
• Implements system upgrades and coordinates training programs and responsible for the development of technical documentation relative to new engineering systems and CAD tools.
• Logically and efficiently analyze, test and diagnose CAD systems to isolate problems and report if necessary.
• Work as part of a team to share skill sets, lessons and technical knowledge to maintain a well rounded technical support team.
• Contribute to technical support documentation.
• Adhere to and help improve support related procedures.
• Strive to become an expert in the tools used by our Engineering community.
• Take ownership of process improvements and drive to successful implementation.
• Monitor competitive environment and be prepared to respond to changes in the market
• Other duties as assigned.
Occasional vendor contact.
SKILLS required in this role include
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.