Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Jefferson, WI is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join the growing Operations team!
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ongoing process improvement initiatives that deliver excellence across entire value chain. This position develops and improves manufacturing processes and product quality by studying product and manufacturing methods, identifying areas of improvement, and working with shop personnel to ensure plans are implemented. This position reports directly to the Operations Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology OR 8 years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment.
· Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
· Knowledge of lean principles and process improvements;
· Diverse skills and experience leading projects;
· Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve desired results;
· Experience operating in high mix, low volume and high volume, low mix production environments;
· Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution;
· Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.