Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Generac is seeking a Second shift Production Supervisor.The Production Supervisor works with the team on resolving assembly issues to make for an efficient quality process. This role is responsible for troubleshooting manufacturing issues, facilitating continuous process improvements, managing daily order execution and workforce flexibility, onboarding new employees. Additionally, this role manages productivity and efficiency, sequencing, process adherence, and training and development in production. This position also drives ongoing improvements in driving quality (FPY), Safety (DART), productivity and efficiency. This position reports directly to the Senior Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Bachelor's Degree and 2 years manufacturing experience OR 8 years of related experience in Operations;
· 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook;
· Proven success in a schedule-driven environment;
· Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to accurately read blue prints;
· Extensive knowledge of assembly process, inventory management system (MRP), coil winding and varnishing processes, sheet metal fabrication and powder coat paint processes and promotes a safe work environment.
· World class manufacturing (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and 5S) experience.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.