Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineering Technician I for the Electronics team.
The Electronics Engineering Technician I is responsible for the setup and execution of test plans for design verification and functional validation of electronics systems used to control generators and transfer switches.
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· HS Diploma / Equivalent;
· 0 – 2 years of experience (Some work experience in a lab or shop environment preferred);
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office systems;
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of electronics test equipment;
· Proficiency with hand tools and hand power tools;
· Proficiency reading s chematics, PCB layout artwork, flow charts, and state diagrams;
· Proficiency with SMT soldering and harness assembly.
· Associate Degree, Technical;
· Experience operating environmental and EMC test equipment;
· Knowledge of testing products to meet regulatory compliance;
· IPC electronics certification.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment